SPRING 2018 REGISTRATION FORM (formulario de matricula): Registration FormYouth Music Spring 2018
The Youth Music Program at St. Paul’s in Ossining began in the Summer of 2010 with the mission to spread our love and talent to children, and now continues year round under the direction of Carolyn Black, St. Paul’s Music Director and former Ossining High School teacher, and Art Hightower, a professional drummer and parishioner.
The Youth Music Program provides lessons in singing, rudimental and hand drumming and guitar, and instruction in how to practice, how to audition and in etiquette for performance – plus snacks and supervised play.
- Instructors meet with students in small groups and use an individualized approach.
- Our goal is to help school-age children, particularly middle school-age children, achieve cultural arts goals and supplement what is available in school or at home – to help them build life and music skills through after school music instruction in a safe nurturing environment.
The Youth Music Program is open to young people (ages 4-17) and is for the benefit of children from the community at large, regardless of their religious backgrounds. It does not include religious content.
The joys of this program include the confidence that musical competence brings. The program, and congregation, proudly support students who go on to perform in middle school and high school musicals.
The Youth Music Program is provided in two sessions: Fall and Spring, as well as the 10-day Summer Music Camp.
- Spring Program: April 9 to June 8, 2018, Monday and Friday, 3-5 PM, St. Paul’s parish hall. DOWNLOAD: Registration Form: Youth Music Spring 2018
- Summer Music Camp: Week 1, July 9 to July 13, 2018; Week 2, July 16-20, Monday through Friday, 6-8 PM, St. Paul’s parish hall.
- Fall Program: October 15 to December 7, 2018, Monday and Friday, 3-5 PM, St. Paul’s parish hall.
COST: $50 per family per session for Fall or Spring; $50 per family per week for Summer.
For more information, please contact us.