The Youth Music Program at St. Paul’s in Ossining began in the Summer of 2010 with the mission to spread our love and talent to children. The free two week program offers classes in drums, and hand drumming, vocal work, keyboard and guitar. Since that summer the program has continued year round under the direction of Carolyn Black, St. Paul’s Music Director and former Ossining High School teacher, and Art Hightower, a professional drummer and parishioner.
The Program is now provided for 10-12 weeks each fall and spring, as well as a 10-day Summer Music Camp, with start and stop dates varying depending on the Ossining Public School calendar. Enrollment is open to young people from the Ossining community and greater Westchester County. (Students from Ossining Public Schools may be able to arrange busing from their schools for the fall and spring sessions.)
The joys of this program include the confidence that musical competence brings. The program, and congregation, proudly supports students who go on to perform in middle school and high school musicals.
YOUTH MUSIC PROGRAM
- The Youth Music Program provides lessons in singing, rudimental and hand drums and guitar, and instruction in how to practice, how to audition and in etiquette for performance – plus snacks and supervised play.
- Instructors meet with students in small groups and use an individualized approach.
- Our goal is to help school-age children, particularly middle school-age children, achieve cultural arts goals and supplement what is available in school or at home – to help them build life and music skills through after school music instruction in a safe nurturing environment.
- The Youth Music Program is open to young people (ages 4-17) from the community at large, regardless of their religious background, and does not include religious content.
FEES AND SCHEDULE
The Youth Music Program is provided in two sessions: Fall and Spring. As well as the 10-day Summer Music Camp.
FALL 2017 YOUTH MUSIC PROGRAM
Register now for St. Paul’s after-school Youth Music Program, which provides small group music lessons for children (between the ages of 4 and 17) in
- RUDIMENTAL and HAND DRUMS
The program serves young people from the community as a whole and does not include religious content.
Program Dates: Friday, Oct. 16 – Friday, Dec. 8, Fridays and Mondays, 3 PM to 5 PM
Cost: $50 per family per 10-week session.
Download a registration form
For more information call 914 941-6627 (between 10 AM and 2PM, Mon. -Thurs.). Email: email@example.com